|Name:||Better Futures Volunteer Support Assistant|
|Organisation:||Improving Lives Plymouth|
|Location:||Guild House, 156 Mannamead Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL3 5QL|
(18+) Do you like chatting to people? We are looking for someone to help with the smooth running of our support service assisting our members who have a learning disability to socialise with one another, develop independent living skills and offering help and advice on day-to-day issues.
The role is varied and could include any of the following: -
- Welcome members and visitors
- Supporting individuals to socialise with one another
- Supporting people to develop skills through workshops or helping them on a one-to-one basis
- Engaging members in interesting & enjoyable activities
- Assisting individuals with reading letters, searching the internet or making telephone calls
- Feedback relevant information and safeguarding
- Supporting individuals to be more independent
- Maintaining a tidy, clean and safe environment
Ideally, volunteers are asked to commit to at least 1 session a week. We are open Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 3:00pm.
Improving Lives Plymouth has been supporting people in Plymouth since 1907 with information, advice and practical support.
Our Charity's Vision
Supporting our service users to improve their quality of life.
To help individuals to shape their own solutions for a better quality of life by providing appropriate and accessible health and social care services.
To assist in the development of other voluntary and community organisations, particularly through enabling volunteering.
We have 8 service areas which are:
Volunteer Connections, Veterans Care Navigation Service, Sensory Solutions,
Long-Term Conditions Self-Management, Information and Advice,
Caring for Carers, Better Futures and Active for All
Visit https://www.improvinglivesplymouth.org.uk/ to find out more about our sevices
Knowledge of adults with learning disabilities would be an advantage, excellent listening and conversation skills, ability to engage and motivate others, basic IT skills and the ability to assist service users with basic form filling. Able to attend mandatory training and attend occasional team meetings.
Application form, Informal discussion, References, Trial Period, DBS Check