|Location:||Mayflower East Car Park, Mayflower Street, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 1QJ|
(16+) We provide wheelchairs and scooters service for people who have limited mobility to enable them to shop and use other City Centre services.
We need volunteers to collect appropriate equipment from the garage and advise the client on use if necessary and to return the equipment to the garage.
• you will deal with clients in a courteous and friendly manner, referring clients to the relevant member of staff if you are unable to deal with a situation;
• answering the phone, taking bookings/enquiries, assisting clients with the completion of registration forms, completing booking forms, receiving and securing customer deposits;
• taking ring & ride and/or community car telephone bookings,
• general office duties and assisting in fundraising;
• assisting in the Lounge/Coffee Bar, ie helping to serve teas, handling cash, dealing with clients, keeping the kitchen area clean and tidy.
The aim is to provide service for disabled and frail elderly people living in Plymouth who are unable to use normal public transport.
You should be polite, patient and willing to assist when and wherever needed.
|Special Needs:||Yes Special Needs Yes, as long as the person is able to carry-out the tasks involved.|
|Other:||Yes General Please Note: A DBS check is required for this role.Please contact the volunteer co-ordinator by telephone/email or both. If volunteers have not heard from the organisation within a week, please contact Plymouth Volunteer Centre for assistance|
DBS Check, Informal discussion, References, Trial Period