|Name:||Time Bank Broker|
|Organisation:||The Zebra Collective|
|Location:||Devonport Guildhall, Ker Street, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 4EL|
(18+) We are looking for Broker(s) in Stonehouse, Barne Barton/St Budeaux, Whitleigh, Efford, Devonport and North Prospect who live or have a strong connection in one of those areas. The Broker(s) will be offered full training, practical support and individual mentoring to enable them to carry out and develop the role. This opportunity would suit someone who would like to gain community development skills, build confidence and gain experience of community development work.
- Promote the Time Banking idea to people and organisations in the area you are based.
- Encourage people to join and be active in the Time Bank.
- Ensure that the Time Bank is inclusive and accessible. This will include actively enabling people from under-represented or disadvantaged groups to participate.
- Organise events and activities that will encourage people to join and be active in the Time Bank.
- Recruit Time Bank members in accordance with Time Bank UK guidelines.
- Match Time Bank member's skills with tasks and encourage people to make new links.
- Use Time Online to maintain Time Banking records.
- Deal with enquiries, comments and complaints about the Time Bank by phone, email and in person.
- Build relationships with community and voluntary groups, organisations and businesses in the area you are based.
- Build relationships with city-wide and national organisations that will be helpful to the project.
- Attend training as appropriate to the role.
To influence change in public life and private lives towards our vision of a just and sustainable society, through our work in training, development, support, action research and consultancy.
This specific project is to set up a time bank in two areas of Plymouth - Stonehouse and Barne Barton/St Budeaux. This will allow people in these areas to exchange time instead of money when providing or receiving services.
These Timebanks will be run by the people in the area and the volunteer brokers, with development support in the set up stage from the Zebra Collective.
It is therefore important that the person or people who take up the role should either live in or have good links with the area where the Timebank is based.
- Friendly and a good comminicator.
- Able to get on with people from different backgrounds.
- Keen to include everyone in time bank.
- Good at administration activities, or willing to learn.
- Able to use a computer or willing to learn.
- Knowing Stonehouse and the local communities well would be an advantage.
- Willing/able to provide a regular commitment of at least 2 hours/week.
Don't worry if you haven't got all of these skills, as being a time bank broker is a great way to learn them and to gain experience. All brokers will be offered full training, practical support and individual mentoring. You will also get the chance to meet brokers from other time banks to swap ideas and learn how they do things.
Application form, Informal discussion, References, DBS Check