|Name:||Meal Time Assistant (Kingsbridge)|
|Location:||South Hams Hospital, Plymouth Road, Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7 1AT|
Meal times are a integral part of a patient’s day and we’d like to support them in having a good experience at these times. Just a gentle helping hand or encouraging words can make the world of difference. Help is only given when needed and with the patient’s permission as maintaining dignity and independence are important.
1. Meet with nursing staff at meal times to check patient requirements with regards to meals and drinks
2. Encourage patients to eat and drink and remind them if they have not finished their food
3. Help patients in cutting their food, opening packets etc.
4. Make sure patients have access to equipment they may need to eat – for example their false teeth
5. Ensure all food and drink is within easy reach
6. Help patient’s maintain their dignity; for example wiping their face or hands with their permission
7. Provide company to the patient during meal times
Livewell Southwest is an independent social enterprise, providing integrated Health & Social Care for people in Plymouth, South Hams & West Devon, as well as some specialist services for those living in Devon and Cornwall.
Livewell Southwest is at the forefront of integrating health and social care. What this means is that we are starting to deliver care for people in new ways that are more efficient, with professionals who would have previously worked in individual teams now working together. This new way of working helps us to deliver the right care for people, in the right place, at the right time.
Our vision at Livewell Southwest is to help the local population to be physically and mentally well, to get better when they are ill and to remain as independent as they can to the end of their lives. In essence, our vision is to support people to be safe, well, and at home.
|Expenses:||Travel - public/car mileage on agreement with supervisor|
Application form, Informal discussion, References, DBS Check