|Location:||South Hams Hospital, Plymouth Road, Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7 1AT|
We are looking for compassionate, polite and friendly volunteers to support our patients and staff in wards. Making connections and spending time with patients can make a positive difference to their recovery and rehabilitation. This is an important role and can change a patient’s experience of their hospital stay.
1. To talk/chat to and visit patients.
2. Help keep patients’ bed space (locker tops/tables) clean and tidy.
3. To run errands for patients (e.g. to the Hospital Shop, collecting phone/TV cards, etc.).
4. Take patients to the café/lounge with approval from nursing staff
5. Deliver newspapers/magazines to patients.
1. To reduce any feelings of isolation/loneliness patients may experience
2. To help patients gain independence
3. To enhance their overall experience during their hospital stay
Livewell Southwest is an independent social enterprise, providing integrated Health & Social Care for people in Plymouth, South Hams & West Devon, as well as some specialist services for those living in Devon and Cornwall.
Livewell Southwest is at the forefront of integrating health and social care. What this means is that we are starting to deliver care for people in new ways that are more efficient, with professionals who would have previously worked in individual teams now working together. This new way of working helps us to deliver the right care for people, in the right place, at the right time.
Our vision at Livewell Southwest is to help the local population to be physically and mentally well, to get better when they are ill and to remain as independent as they can to the end of their lives. In essence, our vision is to support people to be safe, well, and at home.
|Expenses:||Travel - public/car mileage on agreement with supervisor|
Application form, Informal discussion, References, DBS Check