|Name:||Music Group Volunteer|
|Location:||HR & Corporate Services Directorate, Main Admin Block, Mount Gould Hospital, Mount Gould Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 7QD|
Patients on our ward sometimes feel isolated and in order to help encourage them and increase their social interaction we’d like someone to run a music group with support from staff as appropriate. This will effectively become part of their therapy, providing a wonderful opportunity for them to reminisce and enjoy spending time in a group. It would be especially lovely if you are more familiar with songs from the 60’s and 70’s due to the age group.
1. To bring an instrument to the ward once a week, on a set day, and lead in engaging patients in listening or signing along with music
2. Confidently lead the group and respond sensitively to patient needs
3. Treat patients with dignity and respect
1. To create an environment for patients which has a welcoming and calming effect and in which they can engage, reminisce and be part of a group either passively or fully
2. Patients will be stimulated cognitively and have the opportunity to reminisce
3. Enable social interaction for patients
Livewell Southwest is an independent social enterprise, providing integrated Health & Social Care for people in Plymouth, South Hams & West Devon, as well as some specialist services for those living in Devon and Cornwall.
Livewell Southwest is at the forefront of integrating health and social care. What this means is that we are starting to deliver care for people in new ways that are more efficient, with professionals who would have previously worked in individual teams now working together. This new way of working helps us to deliver the right care for people, in the right place, at the right time.
Our vision at Livewell Southwest is to help the local population to be physically and mentally well, to get better when they are ill and to remain as independent as they can to the end of their lives. In essence, our vision is to support people to be safe, well, and at home.
Application form, Informal discussion, References