|Name:||Job Club Volunteer|
|Organisation:||Plymouth City Council Library Services|
|Location:||Central Library, Taylor Maxwell House, 167-171 Armada Way, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 1HZ|
A minimum commitment of hours volunteering will apply to this role.
(16+) Job or work clubs operate across the city in a range of venues. The library service is a partner in several job clubs which take place in libraries.
As a Job Club Volunteer you will help customers:
- With basic PC use, including mouse and keyboard
- To create an email address
- To use Universal Job Match
- To create their CVs
- With job applications
Please check where this role is available as venues do change depending on local need.
Plymouth's Library and Information Service has 17 public libraries located across the city where you can:
- Borrow books, DVDs, Blu-Rays and talking books
- Go online, free Internet access in our libraries; log on anytime, anywhere to our 24/7 library to find and reserve books, renew what you have borrowed or access our premium reference resources
- Specialist services for family and local history, music, European information and intellectual property e.g. copyright, patents, trademarks and design
- Ask us any question, any time - in person, on the phone or online
- Special events and activities, plus improved services to help you keep healthy
- Reader's and writer's groups, friendship groups, free film shows, rhyme times, story times and holiday activities for children
You do not need to have any previous experience of volunteering or of working in a library. However, you will need to:
- Have an interest in computer hardware and software applications so that you can share your knowledge and offer advice with customers
- Know about using the internet
- Have good communication skills
- Be empathetic with people searching for work
- Be patient
- Be reliable
We will need to take up references and carry out a Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Level Check before you can start.
- Volunteer experience in a library setting
- Help others in your community
- Develop confidence and experience
- Gain new skills - Great for your CV
|Other:||Please note it can take up to 2 weeks to respond to potential volunteers following initial contact from them|
Application form, Informal discussion, References, DBS Check