|Name:||Information Stand Volunteer|
|Organisation:||Action on Hearing Loss|
|Location:||Unit 27, HQ Business Centre, 237 Union Street, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 3HQ|
(18+) To provide information on deafness, hearing loss and Tinnitus to deaf and hard of hearing people, their families, carers, community groups and professionals, encouraging independence and reducing feelings of isolation.
- Set up information stands using display boards, arranging leaflets on a table, etc.
- Answer questions from visitors to the stand and hand out leaflets as appropriate.
- Take details from enquirers if unable to supply the information, and follow up enquiry at a later date.
- Monitor the number of enquiries held at each session and feedback to Volunteer Coordinator.
- Ensure leaflets and equipment arrive at the venue in time, and pack up at the end of the session.
- Eventually, seek out new contacts and book information sessions at new venues.
- Promote the work of Action on Hear Loss.
- Meet with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers to discuss the project and suggest improvements.
Action on Hearing Loss is a charity working for a world where deafness and hearing loss do not limit or label people, where Tinnitus is silenced and where people value and look after their hearing.
Action on Hearing campaigns and lobbies to raise awareness of hearing loss, provides information and training, conducts and supports social, medical and technical research, develops new technology, markets assistive equipment, runs residential care centres and works with volunteers who extend the range and enrich the quality of our services.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn about issues affecting deaf or hard of hearing people.
- Friendly, reliable and approachable manner.
- Ability to listen to questions and answer appropriately.
- Happy to work with a wide range of people.
|Expenses:||Yes and meal allowance.|
|Special Needs:||We encourage those who have a hearing loss or are deaf to get involved.|
|Training:||Yes, training in understanding hearing loss and Action on Hearing Loss services will be given.|
|Other:||Please Note: A DBS check is required for this role. If potential volunteers have not heard from the organisation within a week, please contact Plymouth Volunteer Centre.|
Application form, DBS Check, Informal discussion, References, Trial Period