|Name:||Join our local team to organise events & awareness activities in East Cornwall & West Devon|
|Organisation:||Crohn's and Colitis UK|
|Location:||Across East Cornwall & West Devon, Across East Cornwall & West Devon, PL11AS|
We’re looking for people who can join a team and give approximately 3 hours per week (12 hours per month), usually on weekday evenings and weekends - the role is really flexible, even if you can’t quite manage the three hours p/w as there are no set days or times, so you can organise your involvement around other commitments you may have. To make a real impact, we advise a long-term commitment of volunteering for at least twelve months, but this is not obligatory.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a huge difference in your community by joining one of our local teams of volunteers to raise awareness of Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Taking an active role helping the team in planning and delivering events; building communities; fundraising; social media activity; creating local newsletters; giving local grants, working with hospitals and so much more to make a positive impact for the 300,000 people affected by Crohn’s and Colitis across the UK.
About Crohn’s and Colitis UK.
With your help we’re transforming the lives of hundreds of thousands of people right across the UK, as the leading charity in the battle against Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Our work is shaped by the community for the community. Our vision is to see improved lives today and a world free from Crohn’s and Colitis tomorrow. We are ambitious, we are compassion and we are stronger as we work together with our supporters. You can help us in our mission to break taboos and bring people together by getting involved today.
We’re the UK’s leading charity in the battle against Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis. Founded as a patients’ association in 1979, we now have 40,000 members across the UK.
These aren’t just people who have Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) – our members also include their families and friends, health professionals and others who support our work. They’ve helped us set up 50 Local Networks across the nation. These arrange educational meetings, generate publicity and organise fundraising.
We work to make life better for the 300,000 people in the UK with Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis and other forms of IBD.
As part of the team you will be encouraged to arrange and promote 10+ events each year. The role is really flexible – your time might be made up of planning/delivering activities, producing materials, liaising with speakers, organising venues and much more! A variety of skills and experiences are welcome. We’re looking for people who are:
- Collaborative and proactive
- Compassionate, open and approachable
- Organised and can communicate effectively
- Willing to travel to events and plan sessions and activities
- Willing to develop relationships and links in the local community
• You’ll make a positive contribution together with your friends, family or colleagues
• You’ll share new experiences and be active in your local community with a fun and passionate team
• You’ll get access to development opportunities and gain experience in events, planning, teamwork, social media and so much more!
• You’ll meet people from different cultures and background, as you make social connections throughout the community.
• You will develop your awareness and understanding of the impact in living with a lifelong health condition and the work of an ambitious national charity
• You’ll improve your own wellbeing through: giving, being active, learning and connecting.
96% of our volunteers say they are “proud to tell people that I volunteer for Crohn’s and Colitis UK”
91% of Crohn’s and Colitis UK volunteers say “my volunteering gives me a sense of personal achievement”.
|Induction:||You will get access to induction, training and development opportunities from us to help you in your role as well as a named staff member supporting you in your role.|
Application form, Informal discussion, DBS Check