|Location:||Plymouth Foyer, 12-14 Octagon Street, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 1TU|
Will vary dependent on Young Persons Support Needs
You will provide support to young people moving on from supported housing in to the local community. Your role will be to coach them what they need to consider when living on their own, such as utility bills, local services and change of address and ease any concerns they may have in their first few weeks in the community. Expenses are paid for travel and a checklist to work on with each person is provided.
LiveWest is a leading developer of housing in the south west. Within Plymouth we provide supported housing to a number of residents of various ages with various health & wellbeing concerns, providing them with support to continue with their lives whilst managing their circumstances.
• A friendly and approachable nature
• Good at building a trusting relationship
• Knowledge of Plymouth will be useful but not essential
• Experience working with young people
• Active listening skills
• Increased confidence
• Improved organisational and time keeping skills
• Customer service experience including good communication
• An opportunity to work with people in the care and supported living sector
Application form, Informal discussion, Information Day, DBS Check