|Name:||Taskday Organiser on the National Cycle Network|
|Location:||Coypool Park & Ride, Plymouth, PL7 4TB|
A half day initially to attend induction and activity specific training; one to two days per year to attend training events; a half day (six days a year) - monthly check of route and identify route maintenance needs; three to six days to organise and carry out several route maintenance task days; attend 3-4 evening meetings per year.
Are you good at motivating others and bringing people together to carry out practical activities? We're currently seeking a volunteer task day organiser to identify and plan route maintenance tasks for groups of volunteers in Plymouth.
We're looking for an individual to help organise activities along the Drakes Trail between Plymouth & Clearbrook. It's part of National Route 27 - part of the famous Devon Coast to Coast route.
Our Plymouth volunteer group monitor & maintain the National Cycle Network ensuring routes are clear of vegetation and well signed.
They are also working with Sustrans staff to deliver our Greener Greenways project on a section of the trail. This will create a number of habitat management activities.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a sociable group of volunteers who are making a fantastic contribution to local walking & cycling provision in the Plymouth area.
Our volunteers are what makes Sustrans special. We have 4,000 fantastic volunteers across the UK who are grounded in communities and are making a real difference in their local area.
From sprucing up the National Cycle Network, to empowering people to walk and cycle, improving wildlife along our greenways to inspiring young people in schools to get active – their passion and dedication is vital in helping us to achieve our vision of happier, healthier communities and a better environment for us all
The volunteer we are looking for
- is a good motivator, acting as a source of support and encouragement for others
- is an excellent communicator
- works well within a team
- is systematic
- has a good attention to detail
- is aware of biodiversity and wildlife management
- is able and willing to act in accordance with Sustrans’ policies and procedures.
- A full induction and on-going support will be provided by your Sustrans volunteer co-ordinator
- be part of a national programme of over 4000 volunteers helping more poeple to walk & cycle
- support to increase skills in group facilitation.
- the chance to help build up a sociable group of local volunteers to maintain the Drakes Trail
- make new friends.
|Expenses:||Agreed expenses will be paid|
|Induction:||Full Sustrans volunteer induction|
|Insurance Cover:||Sustrans Public Liabiliity Insurance cover|
|Training:||Induction & Taskday Training|
Application form, Informal discussion, Trial Period, Interview