|Name:||Route maintenance volunteer, Plymouth|
|Location:||National Cycle Network, Plymouth, PL1 1AB|
We're looking for someone who can volunteer: • a half day initially to attend induction and activity specific training; • one to two days per year to attend training events; • monthly (minimum) – to check their section of route. You should also be able to attend: • up to 4 group meetings per year (usually in the evening) to keep up-to-date with local developments and the group plan; • at least one annual training event, to keep up-to-date with best practice guidance on their activities. Volunteers may also be asked to support periodic workdays organised by the local group. This is an on-going role and is not generally suitable for short term volunteer placements.
Your tasks may include:
• check for missing or broken signs and replace them following the signage guidance (once a month);
• carry out general tidy ups and clear back encroaching vegetation;
• report any faults or major issues;
• look after any artwork, mileposts and benches on the route;
• attend any group workdays and signing rides;
• attend group/project meetings/relevant training events ;and activities;
• record volunteer activities on VolunteerNet.
You will be able and willing to act in accordance with Sustrans’ policies and procedures
Our volunteers are what makes Sustrans special. We have 4,000 fantastic volunteers across the UK who are grounded in communities and are making a real difference in their local area.
From sprucing up the National Cycle Network, to empowering people to walk and cycle, improving wildlife along our greenways to inspiring young people in schools to get active – their passion and dedication is vital in helping us to achieve our vision of happier, healthier communities and a better environment for us all
We're looking for individuals who are:
• self-motivated to carry out tasks independently, once directed, and are practical and enjoy being outdoors;
• work well within a team;
• live close to or walk/cycle regularly along the allocated section of route good attention to detail.
Sustrans Volunteer Induction.
Opportunities to attend regional volunteer networking and training events.
All agreed volunteer expenses paid.
|Expenses:||As agreed in advance by staff supervisor|
|Insurance Cover:||public liabilty insurance|
|Training:||role specific training - discussed at induction|