|Name:||Pendennis Castle Administration Volunteer|
|Location:||Pendennis Castle,, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 4LP|
We are looking for people who can regularly volunteer, ideally for three hours each week or a day a fortnight. We can chat through which day will be the best fit for you.
In 2018, Pendennis Castle is launching a new interpretation programme, helping visitors to get the best out of their day and explore more elements of the Pendennis story. We need an administration volunteer to support the development of this new programme. They will look after volunteer documentation, supporting the team to maintain the volunteer database and working closely with various team members to support recruitment and training events.
English Heritage cares for over 400 historic buildings, monuments and sites - from world-famous prehistoric sites to grand medieval castles, from Roman forts on the edges of the empire to a Cold War bunker. Through these, we bring the story of England to life for over 10 million people each year.
What skills, qualities and experience do I need?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed person who would enjoy working in our
friendly team. You would need to be:
• Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Organised with an eye for detail.
• Confident about talking to volunteers, both in person and on the phone.
What support and training will I receive?
• An induction to the site and volunteer programme.
• One-to-one training on volunteer systems and processes.
• Contact with the central Volunteer Development Team .
What can I expect from English Heritage?
• A welcoming and enjoyable experience.
• To be treated fairly and with respect.
• Recognition and appreciation for your contribution.
• A full induction and training programme with on-going support.
• A volunteer pass allowing free entry to English Heritage properties is available on
completion of 60 hours and four months of volunteering.
• Reimbursement of reasonable travel costs between home and volunteering location within agreed limits.
• A certificate to demonstrate work carried out for English Heritage is available on
request to show future employers or further education providers.
• You will be covered by English Heritage’s own indemnity arrangements in respect of all liabilities that may result from your appointment as a volunteer.
Application form, Informal discussion