|Name:||Receptionist Volunteer at Fundraising and Distribution Centre|
|Organisation:||St Luke's Hospice|
|Location:||St Lukes Hospice, Turnchapel, Plymouth, Devon, PL9 9XA|
Tuesday pm, Wednesday am (but all day in the run up to Christmas) and Thursday afternoon.
(16+) St. Luke's Hospice are looking for a number of volunteers to help out as receptionist volunteers at their Fundraising & distribution Centre. Tasks may include the following:
• To receive and welcome visitors to the Fundraising & Distribution Centre.
• To make and receive telephone calls using the switchboard and diverting calls to relevant extensions.
• To take messages for staff.
• To receive and log in deliveries and to inform the appropriate department.
• Reading the reception handbook.
• Keeping up to date with reception procedures.
• To show visitors to the correct rooms/departments.
• To help visitors with any queries they might have.
• Accept donations of clothing and furniture, contacting the warehouse staff to arrange for the donated items to be delivered to "goods in".
• Accept donations and collecting cans, ensuring that relevant forms are completed and receipts given.
• Opening and closing down of Reception (if appropriate).
• To help members of staff with post, general fundraising administration and collection can preparation.
• To contact your Line Manager should you not be able to cover your shift, giving ample notice, so that cover can be arranged.
St Luke's provides specialist palliative care for patients with progressive incurable life-limiting illness who have complex symptoms and psychosocial needs requiring the input of a multiprofessional palliative care team. Inpatient care at the hospice may be offered to those who have needs that at the present time require assessment, treatment and monitoring as an inpatient. Care is offered not on the basis of specific diagnosis (e.g. cancer), but on the basis of specialist needs.
The Hospice also provides terminal care, i.e. care for those in the last days of life, when such care cannot be adequately provided in a community setting (home or Nursing Home).
Reliable, trustworthy and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills. We currently need volunteers to help cover the reception on Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday morning (but all day in the run up to Christmas) and Thursday afternoon.
Application form, Informal discussion, Information Day, Trial Period