|Name:||Gardening and Maintenance Volunteer|
|Organisation:||St Luke's Hospice|
|Location:||St Lukes Hospice, Turnchapel, Plymouth, Devon, PL9 9XA|
(16+) St Luke's Hospice are seeking volunteers to help with general gardening duties for the Maintenance Team at two of their locations in Plymouth. Tasks will depend on a volunteer's physical capabilities, which would include some or all of the following:
- Gardening - Creating Flowerbeds - we are hoping to have flowerbeds created / updated around the exterior of the Hospice and around the side
- Furniture Painting - This involves rubbing down and painting our outside tables and benches (8 Park benches, 2 small tables, 2 large tables and 3 picnic benches)
- Gazebo Painting - This involves rubbing down and repainting the gazebo in the 'Memory Garden'
- Hand Rail - 'In-Memory of Garden' - required on right hand side of pathway as the path can get quite slippery
- Decking stained (Pigeon Path)
- Courtyard - fence panels repainting
- Path Relaying - alongside the path at the rear of the hospice leading up to Jennycliff, edging required to complete the flower bank
St Luke’s Hospice Distribution & Recycling Centre / Warehouse, Plympton:
- Gardening - Creating/updating Flowerbeds - to have flowerbeds created / updated around the exterior of the Warehouse
St Luke's provides specialist palliative care for patients with progressive incurable life-limiting illness who have complex symptoms and psychosocial needs requiring the input of a multiprofessional palliative care team. Inpatient care at the hospice may be offered to those who have needs that at the present time require assessment, treatment and monitoring as an inpatient. Care is offered not on the basis of specific diagnosis (e.g. cancer), but on the basis of specialist needs.
The Hospice also provides terminal care, i.e. care for those in the last days of life, when such care cannot be adequately provided in a community setting (home or Nursing Home).
Reliable, trustworthy and enthusiastic. Volunteers should be physically fit and we would prefer volunteers with previous experience but, this is not essential as you will be supported by our Maintenance Team.
Application form, Informal discussion, References, Trial Period