|Location:||Plymouth Foyer, 12-14 Octagon St, Plymouth, Devon, PL1 1TU|
Ongoing weekly activity
We are looking for volunteers to work within our mental health schemes, supporting residents in their recovery. Volunteers will create and deliver a mindfulness course that promotes positive outcomes. Working in small groups, you will contribute to a programme of activities to help to encourage the resident’s development within the scheme.
LiveWest is a leading developer of housing in the south west. Within Plymouth we provide supported housing to a number of residents of various ages with various health & wellbeing concerns, providing them with support to continue with their lives whilst managing their circumstances.
You should have:
• qualifications and/or experience in mindfulness,
• good communication skills.
You will be:
• friendly and approachable,
• empathic and non-judgemental in approach.
• develop your knowledge and experience regarding the benefits & practice of mindfulness,
• improve your customer service skills,
• boost morale and confidence of both yourself and the residents.
It is an opportunity to
• work with clients face to face,
• Improve your organisational and time keeping skills.
|Induction:||Volunteer induction provided by Liverty|
|Training:||Volunteer training available|
Application form, Informal discussion, References, DBS Check