|Organisation:||St Luke's Hospice|
|Location:||St Lukes Hospice, Turnchapel, Plymouth, Devon, PL9 9XA|
(16+) St Luke's Hospice are seeking voluntary EBay assistants for our Retail Distribution Centre based in Plympton, to provide administrative assistance to the E-commerce & EPOS Administrator.
- Packing items for posting.
- Researching items on eBay/internet to find out approximate prices and information about the item to include on an eBay listing.
- Testing items e.g. camera/computer & gaming equipment to make sure items are in full working order.
- Checking all parts are there - e.g. for board games/puzzles/Lego etc.
- Listing and Photographing items on eBay.
- Researching/listing products - previous knowledge in specific areas would be advantageous e.g. designer or vintage clothing/ cameras/ gaming consoles/ antiques or other bric-a-brac items.
- To record any accidents (however small) and incidents in the Accident Book.
St Luke's provides specialist palliative care for patients with progressive incurable life-limiting illness who have complex symptoms and psychosocial needs requiring the input of a multiprofessional palliative care team. Inpatient care at the hospice may be offered to those who have needs that at the present time require assessment, treatment and monitoring as an inpatient. Care is offered not on the basis of specific diagnosis (e.g. cancer), but on the basis of specialist needs.
The Hospice also provides terminal care, i.e. care for those in the last days of life, when such care cannot be adequately provided in a community setting (home or Nursing Home).
Previous knowledge would be preferred and volunteers would be required to have good computer literacy skills.
Application form, Informal discussion, References, Trial Period